Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Vacations Are Good For Kids

If you sit and think about when you were a kid what comes to mind? It would be safe to say that summer time would pop into our minds. Taking vacations, catching frogs and snakes, camping, going to the beach or just relaxing in your back yard with a mini swimming pool or the sprinkler.

When I was around 12 years old my family (2 sisters and 1 brother) made the long trip from Utah to Pennsylvania to visit my mom's cousin. Wow, that was quite the adventure if I sit and reminisce about that trip. There were a lot of fights, tears, blood, laughs and great memories made on that trek to the east coast. We saw many historical places and even took a tour of the White House. Being a 12 year old kid it didn't really hit home all the cool sites I saw because we were more interested in the hotel's swimming pools but now I thank my mom for that trip.

Another trip that we took every summer that sticks out in my mind was going to Orange County, California. We would go there to visit my mom's best friend and we'd hit all the popular places such as Disneyland, Hollywood and the beach. That's where I had my first boogie board experience, needless to say I almost died but I also fell in love with the ocean and board sports from that day on.

These vacations are very important for kids. I cherish these memories and love to sit and think about them and how much fun I had with my family growing up. Now that we're all grown up and have families of our own whenever my family gets together for parties or holidays we all like to sit and talk about all the fun and goofy things we did on our vacations.

There's still some summer left. Take your kids out even if it's just camping for the weekend. Some of the best times I spent with my family were our frequent weekend camping trips.

Have fun and be safe.

http://www.SkimBoardPros.com

No comments:

Post a Comment